From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devleopment sources are no longer 'development' - example
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:57:59
1 On 08/25/04 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 14:22, Greg KH wrote:
4 > > On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:03:51PM -0400, Travis Tilley wrote:
5 > > > here's an example of how his creates confusion, where on amd64 our
6 > > >
7 > > > stable kernel is named development-sources.
8 > >
9 > > I agree it's a pain. Hopefully this can be fixed someday soon with
10 > > slots.
11 >
12 > Is there any way to restrict by slot? To say, keep an ebuild with a
13 > SLOT >= x from installing?
14
15 Not directly, but as long as the SLOT is derived from PV there shouldn't
16 be much of a difference from simply package.mask'ing it.
17 The current SLOT implementation generally is only good for keeping old
18 versions around.
19
20 Marius