From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Begging notice: always CC all arches which are currently stable on your package
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 17:25:58
1 Hi,
2
3 This is a friendly reminder that you should CC arch teams *for all arches which currently have a stable keyword for your package*. NATTkA
4 handles this for you (see my other email [0]), but if you decide to not use it, please be sure you do CC all arches for which the previous
5 stable version had stable keywords.
6
7 The point of arch teams is to test on their platform. Of course, if you become aware that upstream have made serious changes to support for
8 a certain arch, you may want to speak to a member of the arch team and drop the keyword *and request rekeywording* or similar.
9
10 You do not need to be a e.g. HPPA fan or user in order to continue stabilisation on that platform. Let the arch team do their job.
11
12 [Of course, exceptions apply if we’ve decided to discontinue support (like the package can’t work on e.g. SPARC after a certain release for sure),
13 but in such a case, please check with somebody to ensure it looks like the right thing to do, if you’re not sure.]
14
15 [0] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/cd62f6be924f6a0f76b68a07d33b256a
16
17 Thanks,