From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:20:45
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 12:55:11 -0400 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I completely agree. There are going to be lots of things that Paludis
4 | supports that Portage doesn't, and maybe pkgcore doesn't either, so it
5 | seems to make the most sense to keep it separate. I don't think we
6 | should start making changes to the tree for another package manager,
7 | pkgcore or paludis.
8
9 You make "making changes to the tree" sound so extremely dramatic.
10 Stephen is asking for a new subprofile, not for a few thousand ebuilds
11 to be changed (which is something that's been done in the past for
12 new Portage versions).
15 Ciaran McCreesh
16 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list