From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux runs on Intel iMac 17"
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:30:00
1 On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 18:03 +0100, Edgar Hucek wrote:
2 > For your intresst. Last week i bought a new toy.
3 > One of those shiny new Intel iMac's. I search the
4 > net if someone is trying to get linux on it. I saw
5
6 You apparently missed our own bugzilla[1][2].
7
8 > only most people only wanna tu run windows on it *gah*.
9 > So i started a little research. At the moment i have
10 > Gentoo Linux running on it on an external USB hdd.
11 >
12 > Wouldn't it be a nice storry for the Gentoo newssite ?
13
14 Sure it would. Even better would be that 2006.0 has support for booting
15 on these new machines because we cooperated to get the necessary support
16 into catalyst.
17
18 > Look here for a first snapshoot and some infos.
19 > http://xbox-linux.org/mactel/index.php/Main_Page
20 >
21 > I plan to releas patches and an howtoo soon.
22
23 Please contact me immediately, as there is a very limited window of
24 opportunity for us to be able to make the necessary changes to get this
25 in before the 2006.0 release.
26
27 > Things need some polish.
28 > At the Moment only some things are tested. For
29 > the video i use a patched vesafb driver. The kernel
30 > 2.6.16-rc3 seems to have some acpi problems on it.
33 Chris Gianelloni
34 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
35 x86 Architecture Team
36 Games - Developer