From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: proctors@g.o
Subject: Re: [half-PROCTORS] Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:26:25
1 On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:22:31AM -0400, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:01:07AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > >> Sad to see one of the few remaining sane people leave.
4 >
5 > > I take this as a compliment to Bryan, but then still you are implying
6 > > that most of the people here are not sane.
7
8 > Amne, I do value your opinion but in this case, I respectfully
9 > disagree.
10
11 Fair enough.
12
13 > I do not see the harm in what Ciaran said above to be any greater than
14 > another person stating "sad to see one of the best/key/etc leave" - by
15 > your standards that would imply the rest of us are less than best.
16
17 That would be a positive statement because it would imply the other
18 people are normal, and Bryan was one of the best, which is a positive
19 statement.
20 Saying "one of the few remaining sane" people is a generally negative
21 statement that is judgemental towards the whole community, which is
22 what the the CoC/proctors are supposed to proactively discourage.
23
24 I think much worse things have been said on this list before, but
25 still statements like that are the basis of a poisonous
26 environment. All i was asking ciaranm is to be nice to people.
27
28 > Ciaran may be controversial at times, but I think we can see that he was
29 > paying Bryan a compliment.
30
31 I even admitted it was meant as a compliment, see above.
32
33 Hope that clears things up a bit.
34
35 cheers,
36 Wernfried
37
38 PS: If anyone feels tempted to reply to this, please take it to the
39 gentoo-proctors list instead of -dev, we're getting OT here. ;-)
42 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
43 http://forums.gentoo.org || http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/proctors/
44 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org || proctors (at) gentoo.org
45 #gentoo-forums || #gentoo-proctors (freenode)