From: Jan Krueger <jk@×××××××××××.net>
To: azarah@g.o
Cc: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:38:18
1 On Sunday 07 September 2003 18:28, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > Ok, but .rpm/.deb have the same kind of flaws ...
3 Absolutly correct. Thats why i dont use them.
4
5 > From here on I can
6 > only see that you can use LFS or such, that you can make sure everything
7 > is ok.
8 >
9 > PS: How are you going to verify that gcc's cvs repo was not
10 > compromised?
11 Thats very realistic and compromise of at least the gnu ftp server happened
12 not so long ago. I see the FSF to be responsible for handling this.
13
14 > Or the kernel's ?
15 Thats the responsibility of kernel.org.
16
17 gentoo is responsible for portage and what portage does. Thats what i would
18 like to discuss here.
19
20 > I guess you are going to
21 > start coding you own kernel, tool-chain and the rest even
22 > sooner now that we know how flawed linux, gnuish apps, etc
23 > are.
24
25 :)
26
27 alternatives there are, so many of them, i just have to choose and i already
28 did. No need for me to write my own os :)
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list