From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-0.10.2.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:42:03
1 On 03/20/2012 07:36 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:06:30 +0200
3 > Samuli Suominen<ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> if we want to make it a use expand, the only thing we need to agree
6 >>> on is the prefix i think: what about fftools ? ffmpegtools ?
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> Maybe there could be use expand that could be reused by other ebuilds
10 >> too? Such as EXTERNAL_TOOLS ?
11 >
12 > is it really worth it ? these are by design package specific, so i dont
13 > see any gain in trying to merge them under an arbitrary common namespace
14 >
15 > fftools is generic enough to me so that libav ebuilds can adopt it too,
16 > if that's what matters
19 you're right, +1 for fftools