From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-0.10.2.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:38:15
1 On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:06:30 +0200
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > if we want to make it a use expand, the only thing we need to agree
5 > > on is the prefix i think: what about fftools ? ffmpegtools ?
8 > Maybe there could be use expand that could be reused by other ebuilds
9 > too? Such as EXTERNAL_TOOLS ?
10
11 is it really worth it ? these are by design package specific, so i dont
12 see any gain in trying to merge them under an arbitrary common namespace
13
14 fftools is generic enough to me so that libav ebuilds can adopt it too,
15 if that's what matters