From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] First release of Gentoo Keys
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:29:12
1 On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > One issue with DSA/ElGamal is the requirement for a random k value
4 > while signing/encrypting,
5
6 Thanks - that was very informative. I guess the thing that makes me
7 more concerned about RSA is that Shor's algorithm makes it quite
8 possible that it will be defeated at some point in the future, perhaps
9 without public disclosure.
10
11 Granted, forging Gentoo commit signatures isn't really a high-profile
12 target for somebody who has a secret quantum computer at their
13 disposal (which they'd presumably like to remain secret).
16 Rich