From: Dennis Allison <allison@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: Tom Wesley <tom.wesley@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Programming advice wanted?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:06:15
1 You'll want to learn enough so that the issue of language is not a
2 significant issue. Performance for lanaguages like Python is an
3 interesting issue since C and C++ extensions are fairly easy to create
4 provided you can grock the right bindings. That's the best of both worlds
5 -- simplicity and ease of manipulation of problem-oriented objects from
6 Python, performance from C or C++ or something else.