From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: et_EE locale and language of error messages
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:13:40
1 On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 05:44:34PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > Harald van Dijk wrote:
3 > > [..] encourages broken packages.
4 > > et_EE breakage should be fixed, and slowly but surely is[..]
7 > That is your main problem here and I have discussed this in IRC with you and
8 > it is true in my opinion that it does not improve gentoo or make the
9 > distribution any better to close et_EE bugs as WONTFIX.
10 >
11 > But the default should be C to make sure everyone can compile their system
12 > without an error, and if people want locale output and help with bugfixing
13 > they can of course enable it in their make.conf and keep the bugs coming :)
14 >
15 > Also developers wont have to translate that often or ask for translations
16 > when the default locale is C. Developers are more likely to fix a bug
17 > quickly if they do not have to ask twice :)
18
19 Indeed, this is less than ideal, but not unacceptable to me :)
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list