From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: et_EE locale and language of error messages
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:57:15
1 Harald van Dijk wrote:
2 > [..] encourages broken packages.
3 > et_EE breakage should be fixed, and slowly but surely is[..]
6 That is your main problem here and I have discussed this in IRC with you and
7 it is true in my opinion that it does not improve gentoo or make the
8 distribution any better to close et_EE bugs as WONTFIX.
9
10 But the default should be C to make sure everyone can compile their system
11 without an error, and if people want locale output and help with bugfixing
12 they can of course enable it in their make.conf and keep the bugs coming :)
13
14 Also developers wont have to translate that often or ask for translations
15 when the default locale is C. Developers are more likely to fix a bug
16 quickly if they do not have to ask twice :)
17
18 Kind regards,
19 Stefan
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list