From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:11:40
1 On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 13:07 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 18 November 2006 02:53, Marius Mauch wrote:
3 > > Anyone interested in this feature should review the attached version.
4 >
5 > i've come to the party a bit late ... i cant seem to divine the answer to my
6 > question from reading this thread and the GLEP and the bugzilla, so perhaps
7 > someone can explicitly spell it out for me ...
8 >
9 > is there a way in the new GLEP to say "never bother me with any license
10 > bullcrap" ? i made sure the current check_license() function respected the
11 > idea of "*" so that i can put this in my make.conf:
12 > ACCEPT_LICENSES="*"
13
14 Ehh... I removed that support some time ago specifically because it
15 allowed people to bypass the checking, which wasn't something *we* can
16 provide while still standing on the legal high ground.
17
18 So, to answer your question, no. There is no way defined in the GLEP to
19 completely ignore all licensing, which matches what is currently in the
20 tree.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
25 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
26 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
27 Gentoo Foundation