From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] autotools.eclass eautomake update
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:54:20
1 On 24.5.2010 23.51, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> On 24.5.2010 1.54, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>> ive updated eautomake to run automake in a few more edge cases. hopefully
5 >>> this doesnt break anything else (seems to not on my system), but who knows.
6 >>>
7 >>> if you see random eautoreconf/eautomake failure, try backing out the
8 >>> autotools.eclass change first.
9 >>
10 >> I think any autotools.eclass behavior changes would benefit from being
11 >> sent to gentoo-dev for review first.
12 >
13 > if i felt most people had an understanding of how autotools worked let
14 > alone how autotools.eclass, then perhaps i would
15 > -mike
18 And what do you loose by sending them here? The devmanual text strictly
19 doesn't enforce it but strongly encourages: "Before updating eutils or a
20 similar widely used eclass, it is best to email the gentoo-dev list."
21
22 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-writing/index.html
23
24 Regards,