From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominate global USE-flag harfbuzz
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:11:00
1 07.01.2015 22:00, Mart Raudsepp пишет:
2 > On K, 2015-01-07 at 07:29 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
3 >> $ grep :harfbuzz profiles/use*desc
4 >> profiles/use.local.desc:dev-libs/efl:harfbuzz - Enable complex text shaping and layout support.
5 >> profiles/use.local.desc:dev-qt/qtgui:harfbuzz - Use media-libs/harfbuzz for text shaping (experimental in Qt 5.3.x, default in Qt 5.4.0 and later). If enabled, it can still be disabled at runtime by setting QT_HARFBUZZ environment variable to "old".
6 >> profiles/use.local.desc:media-libs/freetype:harfbuzz - Use media-libs/harfbuzz for auto-hinting OpenType fonts. WARNING: may trigger circular dependencies!
7 >> profiles/use.local.desc:media-libs/libass:harfbuzz - Enables OpenType shaping via media-libs/harfbuzz.
8 >>
9 >> Or isn't 4 enough?
10 > I don't know about that, but I would say at least half of them should
11 > continue to carry on a specific description of what the USE flag does in
12 > its metadata.xml.
13 > I guess consider this just a friendly slightly unrelated reminder that
14 > when making USE flags global, please don't end up losing information by
15 > deleting the specific description. And consider adding a local
16 > description to a packages global USE flag usage if you can describe its
17 > effect more specifically.
18 > And if some tooling doesn't support that, well, bad luck. My tool does
19 > (less metadata.xml)
22 > Mart
23 It must be at least 5 packages, as per our policy.