From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Can pkg_nofetch determine if a file is already downloaded?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:34:57
1 Hi,
2
3 in pkg_nofetch, beyond to "direct the user to download relevant source files",
4 I've found it useful to tell the user which filesystem directory to put the
5 files into once downloaded.
6
7 Beyond that, I've also found it useful to tell the user whether a relevant
8 source file is 'already there' or 'still missing'.
9
10 Since the EAPI 6 related update to pkg_* phases to not have access to DISTDIR
11 (even in earlier EAPI) any more, I'm wondering if both informations are still
12 available to pkg_nofetch in one or another way.
13
14 Any idea?
15
16 Or is my only option to reduce the information to "all these files need to be
17 put in your DISTDIR", requiring the user to find out both the right DISTDIR
18 and which of the listed files are still missing herself?
19
20 Thanks,
21 /haubi/