From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 27
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:00:52
1 On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 04:35:36PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > How does everyone feel about the proposed layout and syntaxes of GLEP 27?
3 > Do we want to revisit this GLEP with an updated GLEP or status quo?
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0027.html
5 I'm strongly in favour of moving forward with it.
6
7 Way back in the past of Gentoo, a stab was made at keeping a single
8 static file, but nobody bothered with it, since it wasn't in the
9 gentoo-x86 tree.
10
11 For GLEP27, I believe there was a SoC some years ago implementing it, I
12 don't know what became of that code.
13
14 My specific interest in it is for having a sane UID/GIDs that are
15 identical between a set of machines, regardless of the order packages
16 are emerged in.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
21 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85