From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NEW ~arch KEYWORDS
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:26:13
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:12:23 +0200
3 David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > I am just curious as I have unmasked a heap of Gnome 2 apps and this
7 > > would make my life easier ;)
8 >
9 > depends on Spider and the other GNOME ebuild developers really, but if
10 > the software is to be considers dangerous and unstable on all
11 > platforms global masking might be a good idea. So I would expect
12 > global masking stay as it is for quite some time.
16 Well, here's my take on it:
17 new sub-branch packages ( 2.0.1 to 2.0.2) will get the ~arch KEYWORD
18 tagged to them, and then after a week or so when the testing is done on
19 a wider base, will drop the ~ and become "stable" .
20
21 For the new branch 2.1.x which is highly unstable alpha software you
22 will still have to dig in package.mask if it ever will be in. why you
23 ask? Because once again we will have to re-check all our gnome 2.0.x
24 packages to not depend on the 2.1 / 2.2 libraries.
25
26 (the programs will stay in one slot since they are updated, libraries
27 coexist, programs overwrite)
30 so, for the next 2.0.4 or what it will be, it will appear as ~arch,
31 whereas 2.1 (after freeze) will be digging in package.mask
32
33 //Spider
39 begin .signature
40 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
42 end