From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tests
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 00:04:17
1 On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:46:56 -0400
2 Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > There is one serious problem with this: Who's going to do the work to
5 > figure all this out for the 11,000 odd packages in the tree? This
6 > seems like a *huge* amount of work, work that I have no plan on doing
7 > for the 100-odd packages I (help) maintain, let alone the 4-10
8 > different versions of each package. I highly doubt other maintainers
9 > want to do this kind of work either.
10
11 Last I heard the intention was to tie it to the EAPI=1 bump, so that
12 packages can be updated one by one as they move to the newer eapi.
13 Current (ie EAPI=0) ebuilds will continue to function as they have done.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list