From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] controlling src_test
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:48:28
1 Ravi Pinjala wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill wrote:
3 > > There are several packages in portage (and even in base-system) that
4 > fail
5 > > in src_test when userpriv/usersandbox is enabled or disabled. That
6 > is, some
7 > > testsuites fail when run as root and some fail if not run as root.
8 >
9 > > I'd like a simple consistent way to mark or handle these packages
10 > without
11 > > disabling tests altogether (RESTRICT=test). As mentioned recently,
12 > checking
13 > > ${FEATURES} in an ebuild is frowned upon, and it doesn't seem right
14 > to handle
15 > > this on a per-ebuild basis. How would something like this best be
16 > implemented?
17 > > A split up RESTRICT (test_userpriv/test_nouserpriv)? test.eclass?
18 > Something
19 > > else? Looking at the bigger picture, are there any other situations
20 > where
21 > > finer-grained control over the test system would be helpful?
22 >
23 > > While I'm on the subject, I also thought it would be cool to have
24 > the option to
25 > > not die on a src_test failure, but instead to dump the log file and
26 > continue
27 > > on to the install phase. I know this can be done per-ebuild, but
28 > it'd be
29 > > a useful global option.
32 > I, for one, would like to be able to control whether or not to run tests
33 > that take a huge amount of time to run. Some test suites are
34 > ridiculously comprehensive, and if we could have an option to disable
35 > only those, or even run a reduced test suite, that'd be pretty neat.
36 >
37 > --Ravi
38 >
39 Who and what determines if a test is overly comprehensive and takes too
40 long to run?
41 --
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list