From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Winex-cvs being removed from portage?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:13:39
1 В ?? 25.07.2003, в 09:13, Paul de Vrieze пишет:
2 > To make it clear.
3 >
4 > winex is not GPL, I believe it has a MIT-X license.
5 No, they are AFPL (Alladin Free Public License), furthermore they have
6 the right to change it any time they like and make it coled source or
7 whatever else.
8
9 I personally do not like Transgamming's way of doing things either, but
10 there nothing that can be done about it. Wine made mistake of letting
11 Winex-forge, by choosing a wrong license and it is too late o fix it.
12
13 Transgamming asked us to remove the package and we are gonna do so,
14 unless someone gives us a very good reason, why we shouldn't do it.
15 (When I say a *good* reason - I mean it). First of all we have to
16 respect their request, no matter if we like them or not. Secondly, if we
17 are not going to remove the ebuild, they might close their public CVS
18 once and for all, and we do not want to be the cause of that.
19
20 P.S. You can read their license here:
21 http://www.transgaming.com/license.php?source=1
25 Let the Force be with us!
26 Sergey Kuleshov <svyatogor@g.o>
27 Pulic Key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~sergey/gentoo-gpg