From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Apply patch depending on USE flag
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:35:32
1 On Thursday 29 April 2004 11:12 pm, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > maillog: 29/04/2004-22:27:22(-0400): Brett I. Holcomb types
3 >
4 > > For the sake of one who is doing ebuilds - why is the first form
5 > > preferred? I'm curious. I'm working on revising an ebuild now that has
6 > > the bad form.
7 >
8 > Related to the question: I really hate it when ebuild start printing out
9 > use flags here and there, because of the
10
11 which is *exactly* why we want to stop using the forms i cited :P
12
13 those forms require that use echo something in order for them to be true ...
14 if we convert all the forms over to just:
15 use nntp
16 if use nntp ; then
17 then we can make 'use' stop echoing crap and then introduce a 'usev' for the
18 case when we actually want `use` to echo something
19 -mike
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list