From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: repoman feature request / profiles.desc profile types
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:36:33
1 Am Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 18:18:56 schrieb Michael Palimaka:
2 > On 02/17/2014 03:58 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > Why not make it possible to keep an ~arch only deptree consistent?!
4 >
5 > amd64-fbsd already does this with a stable profile. They just choose to
6 > not actually have any stable keywords.
7 > In my opinion, the profile type is better as a description of that
8 > profile, rather than a signifier of what keywords are permitted.
9
10 I agree with that, but that's not how it was historically used / intended to
11 be used.
15 Andreas K. Huettel
16 Gentoo Linux developer
17 dilfridge@g.o