From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] July Council Meeting: Requested Agenda Item
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:40:07
1 >>Lack of content and poorly written or incorrect articles are often
2 >>justified by the GWN team on grounds of overwork and insufficient
3 >>manpower. When I asked why they were not recruiting, I was informed that
4 >>no-one has any interest in contributing.
5 >
6 > There's a big difference between one-off articles and continuous
7 > contribution. Also those that I found most willing to contribute had the
8 > biggest language problems - what we need is support from the native
9 > speakers.
13 Have the GWN posted to -core in a sane time period prior to it's
14 release. I seriously doubt anyone cares about whether the publication
15 is always "on time" (whatever that may be). If it's a bi-weekly
16 publication it doesn't always have to go out on the same day, as long as
17 you get it out in the general time period. I sometimes respond with
18 corrections/additions but they never make it because it is released
19 before my mail is sent. Often when I see the core mail I don't even
20 bother reading it since by looking at the timestamp I can guess it's
21 already been mailed.
22
23 -Alec
24 --