From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: mbox -- looks sort of interesting
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:00:35
1 On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > Yes, if you can please work on updating it. Please contact us on the
3 > gentoo-portage-dev mail list or irc #gentoo-portage for changes to
4 > portage that will help keep it working in the future. I started
5 > development of a public_api branch long ago just for having a stable
6 > API for apps to use. Perhaps some of what you need can be integrated
7 > there.
8
9 Seems like a valuable tool. It would be best if it could either use
10 portage APIs where available, or if effort could be directed at
11 incorporating the necessary features into portage or its APIs so that
12 you're not stuck maintaining a fork. I'm sure the portage team will
13 help where they can.
14
15 Rich