From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: John Jawed & Alex Tarkovsky's einput eclass
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:19:12
1 Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Sorry for the "atomic" posts, I should rather first think before hitting
3 > the send button :-\
4 >
5 > The problem with the proposed einput.eclass is that the user has to use
6 > the commandline for that, which is fine for a lot of people.
7 >
8 > At the moment I'd rather like to see a proposal for an "API" (together
9 > with the use cases it tries to solve) and leave the implementation
10 > aside. Hoping that we get a solution which doesn't depend on the
11 > commandline but can also be used with a GUI, a braille-display, etc.
12
13 What would you think of a zenity-like API (it's a gnome utility) ? I
14 think it's pretty much like dialog, there could be a way to write a
15 common script for both based on a set of use cases.
16
17 I think debian *gasp* has something like that. Could be worth taking a
18 look at what they did.
19
20 Cheers,
21