From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:07:04
1 On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:51:54PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 Content-Description: signed data
3 > I see no problems with just keeping the current /proj/en structure either
4 > (although actually creating some translations should help)
5
6 There is a problem with having /proj/en structure: it is illogical for
7 translations and permissions. Think as a system admin with 19 projects (if I
8 can count correctly).
9
10 What would you prefer? Have permissions for each project seperately, and then
11 have one permission for the translations, or have permissions for each
12 project, each language seperately?
13
14 In the latter case, you would have to assign permissions to the same group of
15 translators 19 times, meaning 285 assignments (15 languages in total
16 including English). The former only once, meaning 33 assignments (19 for the
17 projects and 14 for the resulting languages).
18
19 For the non-translating teams there is no change (except directory
20 structure). But the internationalization-proposal really requires such a
21 change to become effective.
22
23 Wkr,
24 Sven Vermeulen