From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Make manifest signatures mandatory for repoman commit
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:50:01
1 >>>>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > This is problem with the CVS two-commit procedure. The only solution
4 > is to stop using CVS keywords which people don't want to do because
5 > THEY ARE SO VERY USEFUL.
6
7 > Or make repoman do first commit without Manifest, so instead of
8 > unsigned Manifest you'd have Manifest failure.
9
10 But that's what it does. It commits all other files, then it signs the
11 Manifest and commits that.
12
13 However, if signing fails it will commit an unsigned Manifest. Which I
14 think is a misfeature. If I have FEATURES=sign then I want to commit
15 a signed Manifest. If there are problems, repoman should error out but
16 not do some other action that I've not asked for.
17
18 Ulrich