From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Some Comments
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:02:45
1 Wow, this thread is just getting silly. For the nay-sayers who just
2 want to "add my own menu entries, thank you" have you actually READ what
3 the proposal was? Did you not see that the thing is optional? Further,
4 did you not see that it will NOT overwrite the application's native menu
5 stuff?
6
7 For the developers who won't go and change their ebuilds -- are you sure
8 you've got the end-user's best interests at heart? Having been part of
9 the distro for damned near 20 months now, "why doesn't gentoo have an
10 automated menu system?" is among the top 10 most frequently asked
11 questions. If you won't switch them, we'll find a developer who will.
12
13 Please, stop this flame rubbish already.
16 Seemant Kulleen
17 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
18 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
19
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
21 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E