From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] enewuser/enewgroup getting their own eclass
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:46:28
1 On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 01:15:52PM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > OK. I've been looking at some of these issues we've been having, and
3 > I've been thinking of moving enewuser, egetent, and enewgroup to their
4 > own eclass. This will resolve some issues with things in system, or
5 > otherwise early on, requiring shadow on Linux to get useradd. Two
6 > examples of this are bug #113298 and bug #94745. By putting them in
7 > their own eclass, we can keep from adding shadow to DEPEND in eutils,
8 > while still putting the dependency in the eclass that uses it.
9
10 i think i suggested this somewhere before, but why dont we just add
11 shadow to packages.build ... then it'll be in stage[123] and the DEPEND
12 will be a moot point
13 -mike
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list