From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] enewuser/enewgroup getting their own eclass
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:23:08
1 OK. I've been looking at some of these issues we've been having, and
2 I've been thinking of moving enewuser, egetent, and enewgroup to their
3 own eclass. This will resolve some issues with things in system, or
4 otherwise early on, requiring shadow on Linux to get useradd. Two
5 examples of this are bug #113298 and bug #94745. By putting them in
6 their own eclass, we can keep from adding shadow to DEPEND in eutils,
7 while still putting the dependency in the eclass that uses it.
8
9 I'd be willing to make all the changes to the tree to facilitate this,
10 and unless someone has a really good reason not to do so, I think I'll
11 probably do it after the Thanksgiving holiday.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
16 x86 Architecture Team
17 Games - Developer