From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] enewuser/enewgroup getting their own eclass
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:23:08
OK.  I've been looking at some of these issues we've been having, and
I've been thinking of moving enewuser, egetent, and enewgroup to their
own eclass.  This will resolve some issues with things in system, or
otherwise early on, requiring shadow on Linux to get useradd.  Two
examples of this are bug #113298 and bug #94745.  By putting them in
their own eclass, we can keep from adding shadow to DEPEND in eutils,
while still putting the dependency in the eclass that uses it.

I'd be willing to make all the changes to the tree to facilitate this,
and unless someone has a really good reason not to do so, I think I'll
probably do it after the Thanksgiving holiday.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead