From: Brian Friday <bfriday@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo text editors
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:26:00
1 Holy never finished the thought batman! Teaches me to spell
2 check before I finish...
3
4 ---
5 Of course this only works in situations where a block has
6 been identified by developers but perhaps (again thinking
7 way ahead) doing a scan after the package has been imaged
8 (ie /var/tmp/portage/pkgname/image) but before it is
9 merged. This scan would check to make sure we won't be
10 overwriting an application/file with this new ebuild that
11 isn't an upgrade or downgrade of the package being built.
12
13 ---
14
15 the full 2cents