From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 16:40:55
1 > > > I can also contribute with maybe a bootdisk/netinstall and even
2 > > > a more automated installation process for people not really
3 > > > knowing what they are doing - if there is any interest for it
4 > >
5 > > i've said this before: i wouldn't want to make it too easy for
6 > > people - thats what made gentoo really fun
7 >
8 > True. However, I think the installation process is unneccessarily
9 > complex, because you set up the gentoo environment manually, but all
10 > the boot-scripts etc which really teach you the inner workings of
11 > linux are automatically installed. Sure, newbies won't be afraid of
12 > recompiling their kernel etc, but it's not a "complete" learning
13 > experience.
16 you have a valid point here
17 also, note that what i said could probably be compensated for by
18 writing the docs to such a semi-automated install process
19 accordingly...
20
21 regards
22 Thilo