From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] initrd
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 18:29:02
1 On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 07:36, Robin H.Johnson wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:12:11AM -0500, Chris PeBenito wrote:
3 > > Well I've been playing with initrd all day, and I came to the
4 > > conclusion that its not worth the effort try to create an in-house
5 > > mkinitrd (at least for me to do it).
6 > That's what led me to buying 3ware controllers myself.
7 >
8 > > So I'll put it in as sys-apps/mkinitrd, and add an optional selinux
9 > > patch to it. I pulled it myself from the rawhide src rpm I got from
10 > > rpmfind.net. What is the preferred/correct way of handling this?
11 > > Should I have the ebuild pull the src.rpm and do the rpm2targz magic
12 > > in src_unpack, or should I just extract the tarball from it myself,
13 > > and put it on distfiles?
14 > The srpm goes into the SRC_URI, and there is an eclass that does all
15 > the rpm2tgz magic for you iirc.
16
17 This is (IMHO) not suitable for Rawhide, as it changes too much. Do
18 what I did with elfutils, and rpm2targz it, tar -zxf that, and then
19 just drop the tarball (only the source) in local-distfiles.
22 Cheers,
26 Martin Schlemmer
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
28 Cape Town, South Africa