From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] initrd
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 05:37:01
1 On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:12:11AM -0500, Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > Well I've been playing with initrd all day, and I came to the
3 > conclusion that its not worth the effort try to create an in-house
4 > mkinitrd (at least for me to do it).
5 That's what led me to buying 3ware controllers myself.
6
7 > So I'll put it in as sys-apps/mkinitrd, and add an optional selinux
8 > patch to it. I pulled it myself from the rawhide src rpm I got from
9 > rpmfind.net. What is the preferred/correct way of handling this?
10 > Should I have the ebuild pull the src.rpm and do the rpm2targz magic
11 > in src_unpack, or should I just extract the tarball from it myself,
12 > and put it on distfiles?
13 The srpm goes into the SRC_URI, and there is an eclass that does all
14 the rpm2tgz magic for you iirc.
17 Robin Hugh Johnson
18 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
19 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
20 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85