From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-db/sqlite
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 00:53:20
1 On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 6:10 PM Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 > > There is an open QA bug [1] regarding the large set of undocumented
4 > > patches that are being applied in the stable ebuilds.
5 >
6 > Arfrever is active in the bug you linked, has provided explanations
7 > for the patches and prepared to restructure the patches so that they
8 > can be gated by local USE flags, has made several different concrete
9 > suggestions for possible implementations and requested feedback, but
10 > has received no reply in the bug and instead there's now this
11 > backstabbing discussion on this list.
12
13 There was no visible progress on the bug for a month and a half. Some
14 proposals/questions appeared once I suggested giving the package to
15 someone else in IRC.
16
17 I don't wish to spend my time providing guidance that will likely be
18 ignored and carefully reviewing his work on this package. I would much
19 rather hand the package off to someone who can work on it without
20 direct supervision.