From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: emerge-webrsync bandwidth improvement
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 03:02:28
1 On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:27:02PM +0200, sf wrote:
2 > Is there any way to skip syncing if no patches are found? emerge sync
3 > uses a timestamp for that purpose, doesn't it?
4
5 Could, yes. Few more pressing things re: emerge-delta-webrsync,
6 namely (order of what I'm hacking on now)
7
8 A) bzip2 v1.03 is stabled now. MD5 compressor issue _will_ bite
9 emerge-delta-webrsync in the ass _soon_ . Should have a version
10 bump that handles this tomorrow or friday at the latest.
11 B) Permenant solution needed for when snapshots upstream aren't
12 generated, as occured 04/29. This probably will have to be
13 serverside- easiest route, otherwise have to implement version
14 jumping logic in bash, which is ugly
15 C) cleansing of old snapshots. Current 'handling' of it (read: not
16 doing a damn thing) is ugly. :)
17
18 So... re: your request, emerge-webrsync default behaviour actually is
19 to sync, regardless if an update was pulled or not. I'd rather not
20 deviate from the default behaviour of emerge-webrsync, but tacking in
21 support for a command opt (say -u for 'update only'?) can be slipped
22 out at some point.
23
24 Thoughts?
25 ~brian