From: Troels Liebe Bentsen <tlb@××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD 760MPX Chipset under linux
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:57:32
1 Jared H. Hudson wrote:
2
3 > Does anyone know of a patch to support the AMD 760MPX chipset (AMD 762
4 > chipset & AMD 768 pci set) under the linux kernel?
5 >
6 > I compiled in the AMD Viper IDE chipset into the kernel, which worked
7 > with the AMD 760MP chipset, apparently doesn't include support for the
8 > MPX chipset though.
9 >
10 > Currently, I have to pass noapci to the kernel to boot (although the
11 > kernel does not have APCI compilied in), also I have to set the bios
12 > to non-plug and play OS, and have to set hdparm -d1 /dev/hda manually
13 > since the kernel doesn't recognize the chipset.
14
15 Nice to another one with this new chipset, i have the asus running SMP.
16 I use the Plug and Play OS setting with no problem. Are you running SMP?
17 If so, disabling MPS 1.4 makes it boot with no special options.
18 ACPI kind of works, but still no event or temperature reading.
19
20 I run with 2.4.18-pre3-ac2 it seemes to be stable and has support for
21 the chipset.
22
23 AMD7441: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 39
24 AMD7441: chipset revision 4
25
26 Don't know about the NVIDIA stuff, but i will test it later this week.
27
28 Regards Troels Liebe Bentsen.