From: Owen Gunden <ogunden@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security Problems: xmule, lmule
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:51:24
1 On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:32:47AM +0200, Rainer Groesslinger wrote:
2 > > > I added an einfo about the security hole in all the xmule ebuilds
3 > > > and I hope they release 1.4.4 or something soon (which will
4 > > > immediatly be arch of course)
5 > >
6 > > That's good, but I don't think it's adequate since not everybody
7 > > reinstalls xmule every day _and_ reads all einfo lines scrolling by.
8 >
9 > that einfo is at pkg_postinst() so everbody should see it (at least if
10 > nothing else is merged immediatly afterwards ;)
11
12 Further motivation for my functions.sh patch or similar :). See the thread
13 entitled "patch: emergemail feature in functions.sh". How timely.
14
15 Owen
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list