From: Rainer Groesslinger <scandium@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security Problems: xmule, lmule
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:32:39
1 On Wednesday 20 August 2003 01:25, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2
3 > > The problem - indeed - is, that even their latest unstable release
4 > > (1.5.6a) doesn't fix the problem and I observe xmule sharply and am
5 > > waiting for a fixed release or at least a patch.
6 >
7 > I recommend masking _all_ versions at the moment and issuing a GLSA.
8 > Maybe I'm overreacting, but I do not wish to have my computer rooted
9 > :)
10
11 I did that, just didn't mention it in my email...if you re-sync you
12 should get the new ebuilds + package.mask
13
14 > > I added an einfo about the security hole in all the xmule ebuilds
15 > > and I hope they release 1.4.4 or something soon (which will
16 > > immediatly be arch of course)
17 >
18 > That's good, but I don't think it's adequate since not everybody
19 > reinstalls xmule every day _and_ reads all einfo lines scrolling by.
20
21 that einfo is at pkg_postinst() so everbody should see it (at least if
22 nothing else is merged immediatly afterwards ;)
25 Rainer Groesslinger
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~scandium/