From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: File collisions
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:08:42
1 "Rob C" <hyakuhei@g.o>:
2
3 > On 19/04/07, Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>:
5 > > > On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect"
6 > > > by default would do a lot more good at this stage than "test".
7 > > Arch teams normally have collision-protect enabled when doing
8 > > keywording/stabling....in my eyes this is sufficient.
9 > Its obviously not, Many users are reporting file-collisions on a
10 > weekly basis. So either this isn't sufficient or the arch teams are
11 > not acting as you describe.
12
13 I can only speak for x86 team where it is mandatory for arch testers
14 and devs. As far as I can tell other architecture teams handle it the
15 same. Jakub already pointed out that many have very minimal chroots
16 for stabling, while my chroot is cluttered with 1500 packages which
17 should detect a lot of collisions.
18 Just out of interest: How many file-collisions are filed per-week?
19
20 V-Li