From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage 1.5_pre5
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:58:46
1 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > I just committed portage 1.5_pre5, which now performs numerous consistency
6 > checks on cat/pkg strings. Portage should now gracefully handle invalid
7 > current-packages lines, invalid /var/db/pkg entries, invalid /usr/portage
8 > entries, and invalid .tbz2 files. It will print Error messages to stdout
9 > and continue, so that the errors can be detected and eventually corrected.
10 >
11 > If your version of portage is dying because one of your databases
12 > (current-packages, /var/db/pkg, or /usr/portage) has an invalid entry, simply
13 > do this:
14 >
15 > 1. Do a cvs update.
16 > 2. Copy /usr/portage/sys-apps/portage/files/1.5/pym/portage.py to
17 > /usr/lib/python2.0/portage.py
18 >
19 > If you're not getting python errors, then a simple merge of the new version
20 > should suffice.
21 >
22 > Let me know if this solves the problem.
23
24 Great it works. Looks like creating dirs in virtual to fake installed
25 packages caused my errors.
26
27 thx achim~
30 > --