From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: news item for changed polkit default group
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:13:31
1 On 01/30/2012 04:08 PM, Cyprien Nicolas wrote:
2 > Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> was asked about this at IRC today, so I suppose we should convey this
4 >> information better to users
5 >
6 >> You can change the default value at:
7 >> # $EDITOR /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/50-localauthority.conf
8 >
9 > The default file states:
10 >> # Configuration file for the PolicyKit Local Authority.
11 >> #
12 >> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, it will be overwritten on update.
13 >
14 > It seems there is no CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK to exclude that peculiar
15 > file from CONFIG_PROTECT.
16 >
17 > Maybe this line should be removed from that file? I wondered which
18 > file should be edited to keep my settings over updates.
21 The way I've restored the default value of group "0" in polkit-0.104-r1
22 is I've added 60-gentoo.conf to /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d that
23 will override the one with lower number, 50.
24
25 So that news item draft that suggested altering this file was stupid to
26 begin with.
27
28 Sorry for confusion.