From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should "server" be a global use flag?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:28:08
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 >
3 > (I find myself wondering why so much information is being jammed into
4 > USE flag descriptions that /should/ be available in HOWTOs from
5 > upstream, or else should be written down in HOWTOs we maintain
6 > ourselves - we (Gentoo) used to be good at providing HOWTOs as needed
7 > and it's a good tradition to keep up. It helps the entire open source
8 > community and not just our users, too.)
9 >
10 > Anyway, count the YESs above. Maybe some people want to
11 > comment/explain/defend how they wrote their descriptions, so don't
12 > touch them just yet. :)
15 > jer
19 The reason the info is there is so that users, like me, know what the
20 USE flag is for. Me personally, I still think some of them don't help
21 much and need more info but it is better than it used to be. So, if you
22 can make them shorter and users still able to figure out what they do,
23 great. If not, then the info needs to stay. Us users need it.
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Dale