From: Paul Waring <pwaring@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Strange update world output
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:36:59
1 On 5/16/05, Kevin F. Quinn <ml@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Try "emerge -puDvt world", which will give you the list in an indented tree format useful for determining what pulled in the packages you don't want.
3
4 I think I've found out what the problem was by looking through all
5 those, although the dependancy tree isn't all that easy to follow
6 (it's pretty hard to tell how far something is indented when they're
7 10+ lines apart). Looks like lib-compat had +sdl set (I presume this
8 is set by default because I've never enabled it) which seemed to be
9 bringing all sorts of rubbish along with it. Adding -sdl and -arts to
10 make.conf got rid of everything bar postgresql and lib-compat (which
11 is what I wanted), although I've no idea why all these extra packages
12 appeared in the first place.
13
14 Thanks for the help.
15