From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: prune_libtool_files() and pkg-config dependency
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:50:43
1 On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:53:35 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 [...]
5 > I'm not sure if you're aware of it but Gentoo doesn't aim at
6 > supporting solely Linux and no other system.
7
8 elf != linux
11 > Also, please tell me how to handle multiple slots sanely without
12 > pkg-config in a package like Boost, for example.
15 You should know since you are proposing a boost-utils.eclass :)
16
17 Anyway, my point was just to go from 'not providing a .pc is broken' to
18 '.pc are useful and needed in some cases but not all'
19
20 A.