From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please use land-misc herd where appropriate! No no-herd madness!!!
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:49:08
1 Hi gang.
2
3 This is a big fat reminder that no-herd is really against the policy and
4 should not be used if you can find appropriate herd!! (if you can't its still
5 better to think a bit more generically, ask around and start some combined
6 herd that would cover related stuff. See below for an example).
7
8 In particular I would like to remind that herd lang-misc has been added almost
9 a year ago (and announced at least twice already!) to contain various prog.
10 language related packages that do not have cryticall mass to be in a separate
11 herd (such as we have for ada, haskell, etc.). If you are maintaining such a
12 package please add yourself to this herd in herds.xml (indicate priority if
13 you wish) instead of doing this dance of no-herd and adding me and yourself
14 as maintainers. I am on lang-misc anyway, so this will also save some space
15 at the very least :).
16
17 George
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list