From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please use land-misc herd where appropriate! No no-herd madness!!!
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 05:27:41
1 On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 19:49, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Hi gang.
3 >
4 > This is a big fat reminder that no-herd is really against the policy and
5 > should not be used if you can find appropriate herd!! (if you can't its still
6 > better to think a bit more generically, ask around and start some combined
7 > herd that would cover related stuff. See below for an example).
8
9 Where is this policy? (url please!)
10 In fact what I'm thinking is that the metadata.xml themselves are not a
11 policy so how can we have a policy that says don't assign them to non
12 existent herds if the parent itself is not a policy.
13
14 I currently maintain some stuff that really belongs to no-herd and I'm
15 not joining any more herds just to maintain something that can't fit
16 into into any existing herds for the sole sake of making some xml files
17 happy. I'm on more herds and (inside|outside) mailing lists than almost
18 any dev can maintain and still be productive.
19
20 If you can't provide the needed info I'm going to continue to add
21 metadata.xml files assigned to no-herd and myself as maintainer.
24 > George
27 > --
28 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
29 --
30 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
31 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer