From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] zoom concerns
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 16:11:27
1 On 2020-04-04 15:57, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > Depends how concerned you are about VM busting exploits contaminating
3 > the host.
4 >
5 > ( Maybe not Zoom in particular, but with regard to the general theme of
6 > "risky apps on a valued system" )
7
8 Sorry about my comment, but couldn't that be solved choosing the right
9 profile or opting for an official overlay, raking the assurance level of
10 those?
11
12 Moving away the goodwill of those maintainers that get software into
13 Gentoo I think is not the good way...
14
15 Giving my opinion, maybe it should be useful to have QA classification
16 in future Gentoo Build System, where each overlay and profile could get
17 their ranking (from the automatic classifiers along with optional human
18 review)... Just a thought