From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] zoom concerns
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 13:08:21
1 On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 17:11:01 +0100
2 Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Sorry about my comment, but couldn't that be solved choosing the right
5 > profile or opting for an official overlay, raking the assurance level of
6 > those?
7
8 If zoom is a binary only package, not opensource, we can't make any
9 assurances.
10
11 Even if the source is available, if we're not shipping variations of it
12 compiled by our tools, there could be arbitrary un-evaluated extensions
13 hiding in it.
14
15 So no, nobody can actually make assurances of this software, we can
16 only stipulate which cautions we know are warranted.